CONCERT / CHURCH OF NOVÉ MITROVICE
30 June | Tuesday 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Access to the Church of St John of Nepomuk and guided tours. 7:00pm concert by the duo Balázs & Katalin – viola da gamba and theorba
The town of Nové Mitrovice was founded in the 17th century in the Baroque period, when iron and silver was mined in the area. Count Vratislav of Mitrovice, to whom the area belonged, summoned miners here mainly from Germany. In 1722, with the support of Countess Anna Polyxena from Clary-Aldringen, the foundation stone for the future octagonal-shaped Chapel of St John of Nepomuk was laid and in 1726 it was consecrated and primarily served the needs of local miners. The nave was connected to the church roughly forty years later. The dome of the chapel was undoubtedly inspired by the brilliant architect Jan Blažej Santini. The statue of the Virgin Mary of Svatá Hora, situated on the town square, comes from the same period. Later, the glass industry flourished in Nové Mitrovice and this is still commemorated by the building with a chimney built in 1868 as a glass factory, which was in operation until 1931. Samples of products can be found, for example, in the Blovice Museum.
The last day of June will offer an opportunity to become acquainted with Nové Mitrovice. From 4:00pm, the Church of St John of Nepomuk will be opened to allow its undisturbed exploration until 6:00pm, when the guided tour of Nové Mitroice starts. The programme will be finished by a concert of French Baroque music performed by the duo Balázs & Katalin (viola da gamba and theorba).
4:00pm – 6:00pm access to the Church of St John of Nepomuk – tours, meditations, adoration
6:00pm – 7:00pm guided tour of Nové Mitrovice
7:00pm – 8:00pm concert of French Baroque music performed by the duo Balázs & Katalin – viola da gamba and theorba
TICKETS ON THE SPOT
Capacity: 100 places
Partner: Mikroregion Nepomucko